AdVenture Media is seeking an energetic, data-oriented individual to lead our growing Analytics team.
AdVenture Media solves complex performance marketing problems for large and small brands alike. Our Analytics team works closely with the Client Service/Account Management team to help solve the most challenging business and marketing problems for our clients.
Projects range from using regression analysis to measure ROI from an ad campaign to building complex attribution, LTV, or budget allocation models using linear programming in Python.
The Analytics department is also responsible for client reporting and data visualization projects through programs including Tableau.
The Director of Analytics has a primary responsibility of leading data analytics and overseeing all activities and ensuring alignment with the client's vision and objectives. The Director of Analytics aligns and directs the management, development, and integration of data analytics and business intelligence necessary for supporting the mission, vision strategies, objectives, and goals of the client.
The Director of Analytics also has an analytical role to play, and in this position, he/she builds, maintains, and improves the existing business intelligence and analytics tools across the department and across clients and agencies.
A key responsibility of the Director of Analytics is to serve as an evangelist for the analytics program and to ensure that the Analytics department does not become siloed within the agency. They will educate our team and our clients on topics related to data analytics and translate complicated analyses into actionable insights.
Education: BS or Masters degree in business, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Economics or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
Experience: A candidate for this position will have had at least 3 years of working experience in a data analytics or data warehousing department, preferably working as a Head of Analytics.
Ideal candidates have experience in a marketing-related role and a working knowledge of the primary digital advertising platforms (Google Ads, Facebook/Instagram Ads, etc.).
The Group Director of Analytics is the connection between our digital advertisers and the analytics team and must be able to translate problems and solutions between both teams.
The candidate will also demonstrate experience in business process analysis, data architecture design, and development as well as the implementation of workflow-enabled solutions.
Communication Skills: The Director of Analytics must have excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form. Communication skills will also be needed in the collaborative capacity of the Director where clear communications will be needed to facilitate smooth interaction and efficient execution of collaborative duties.
Leadership/People Skills: A candidate for the position must demonstrate exceptionally good leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to inspire and lead a large cross-functional group in a unified direction with a common vision.
- Working experience in data warehouse technologies
- Mastery of financial, statistical, and economic concepts involved in multi-touch attribution, LTV modeling, regression analyses, revenue forecasting
- Advanced knowledge of Python, SQL, R, Tableau or similar business intelligence tools
- Strategic thinker and cross-functional influencer, able to gather buy-in from senior leadership for analytical and measurement framework/approach, and collaborate with cross-functional partners on input gathering, data integrity, etc.
- Strong oral and written communicator, able to translate analyses into an insightful story of what’s happening in the business & inform business decision making
- Self-starter who takes initiative to identify businesses opportunities & gaps in insight and work through innovative, thoughtful data solutions
- Ability to balance requests for urgent, action-oriented insights with progress on strategic deliverables
- Instills confidence through accuracy, attention to detail and timely delivery of work product
- Motivated by working in a high-growth, fast-paced and iterative environment
- Lead projects and analytics in reframing business objectives and questions in analytics terms to construct analytics experiments, deliver actionable insights and accurate predictions
- Identify and measure KPIs in marketing analytics using data-building and statistical programming languages working hands-on and leading projects to build and automate data pipelines for analyzing large complex data sets with Python, R, SQL, etc.
- Recommend business modeling and Pro-forma analyses to drive the strategic direction of marketing analytics
- Support Analytics Team development by experimenting with new analyses and sharing insights
- Work closely with Client Service team / Account Managers to formulate a vision for the clients, and then execute on that vision with our team of analysts
- Lead and mentor a team of analysts
- Build and maintain bottoms-up channel, customer & LTV models for the business, and develop forward-looking projections for key metrics based on current trends
- Create a vision for and lead the implementation of marketing data technology stack, systems, and tools